This class is a fun take on our basic tap and ballet movement for our pre-school students! Students will work on rhythm and movement in an encouraging and fun-loving environment with new friends! (ages 2.5-5)
- Pre-ballet and Ballet 1: Instruction of fundamental ballet technique for our young ballet students. Encouraging a love for ballet, technique, proper placement, strength and stretching are all stressed for the advancement of basic skills.
- Ballet 2 and 3: These classes continue to build upon fundamental ballet technique, strengthening exercises, and stretching ability. Continuing to encourage young ballet dancers to grow with new exercises, barre work, and combinations in the center and across the floor.
- Ballet 4, Sub Jr Ballet and Jr Ballet: Students will focus on the strength, flexibility, and control that is needed to execute higher level ballet movement. Each class includes barre work, across the floor combinations, and center work. As students demonstrate progression through the curriculum, teachers will continue to encourage more complex and intricate ballet work.
- Intermediate Technique: This class focuses on the strength, flexibility, and control needed to execute higher level ballet technique which becomes the backbone of upper-level classes within all genres. Each class will emphasize barre work and may also include a combination of center floor work, and across-the-floor combinations. This class does not include a year-end performance.
- Senior Technique: Intended for our oldest students will focus on building the strength, flexibility, and control needed to execute higher level ballet technique which becomes the backbone of upper-level classes within all genres. Each class will emphasize barre work and may also include a combination of center floor work, and across-the-floor combinations. The main focus of this class is proper form and placement, intricate footwork, and student’s displays of higher-level ballet technique. This class does not include a year-end performance.
All pointe classes require that students have advanced knowledge of ballet technique. Students will use this technique to develop similar skills while on pointe. Each class will include barre exercises, across the floor combinations, and center work. These exercises will focus on strengthening the feet, ankles, and legs to support pointe work. Students in pointe must also be enrolled in a ballet technique class.
Contemporary and Lyrical go hand in hand as musicality, emotion, and storytelling come alive through movements rooted in ballet technique. These versatile styles have been made increasingly popular through hit TV shows like So You Think You Can Dance, World of Dance, and Dance Moms. This class requires that the student be enrolled in ballet.
- Tap 2, 3 and 4: Tap classes are designed to develop rhythm, style, and clarity of sound. Exercises focus on building strength of foot and ankle, coordination ability, and speed of movement. As students progress through the curriculum, class work will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
- Sub Jr and Jr Tap: Intended for our late elementary and middle school students, these courses require students have a strong understanding the fundamentals of tap and are ready to take on a fast-paced challenge!
- Teen Tap: This level is intended for late middle school and high school students who have taken at least two years of tap and are looking to continue to expand upon their fundamental knowledge.
- Intermediate and Senior Tap: These levels require that students have mastered fundamental tap technique and are working towards advanced movement and intricate foot work in a fast-paced environment!
- Elementary Jazz: Intended for our younger dancers, our jazz classes focus on stage presence, body isolations, and rhythm in a fun and energetic environment!
- Sub Jr and Jr Jazz: Focus on proper technique, isolation of the body, stage presence, rhythm and combination work. Students will be exposed to a variety of jazz styles in order to develop well-rounded dancers.
- Intermediate Jazz: This course continues to build upon jazz technique and is intended for our middle school students. At this level students have built a strong foundation of jazz technique and are ready to push themselves to try new skills! This class requires that the student be enrolled in ballet.
- Senior Jazz: This class is our highest-level jazz class and is intended for students with the ability and knowledge necessary to master and demonstrate advanced level jazz technique. Additionally, dancers should be ready to push themselves to try new skills! This class requires that the student be enrolled in ballet.
A Broadway-inspired dance class aimed to combine dance technique with storytelling and acting abilities! From Seussical the Musical to Hamilton, dancers are guaranteed to rock out to great tunes while expanding their Broadway repertoire. Students interested in taking theatrical must also be enrolled in a ballet or jazz class.
A perfect blend of dance and acrobatics, these classes will focus on flexibility, strength, and building new skills! Acro skills include cartwheels, walkovers, chest stands, splits, leg extensions, and aerials. This style is becoming increasingly popular in the competitive dance world and can be seen on many popular TV shows including Dance Moms and World of Dance!
- Older Beginner level classes are intended for students in middle or high school wanting to try something new or get back into it after taking a break! These classes start at the basics and move quickly to help students develop new skills and a love for dance!
- Teen level classes are intended for students in middle or high school looking to continue growing their love of dance at the recreational level!
- Adult level classes are perfect for everyone from college to parents, to grandparents! Need to blow off some steam after a long day at work? Come dance it off in a fun and loving environment where dance and friendship meet! Perfect for those who are looking to pull back out their dance shoes or who are just buying them for the first time.